Promise, Values & Covenant
A successful journey requires a roadmap, providing a clear sense of direction for the travelers. Likewise, the Alpha Gamma Rho Promise and Values provide our fraternity with a clear sense of direction as we go about making better men.
Living the Promise:
Alpha Gamma Rho is the fraternity sharing a common bond within a dynamic, global agriculture committed to fostering the highest values and providing each and every brother with superior lifelong personal development and professional success.
- Consistently perform as a professional, integrity-driven, world class organization committed to the highest of standards and driven to recruit men of the highest potential
- Always present a positive image of Alpha Gamma Rho in everything we say or do
- Inspire a pursuit of academic excellence among all our members
- Encourage lifelong involvement in the colleges and universities we call home
- Foster lifelong personal development through innovative educational, leadership, and social opportunities
- Engage all brothers in professional development, promoting lifelong career success
- Attract members representing the breadth, sophistication, scope, and relevance of agriculture
- Reflect, value, and advocate diversity in our membership and professional lives
- Ensure sound financial management and responsibility individually and at all levels of the Fraternity
- Enthusiastically recognize and reward accomplishments consistent with our Promise and Values
Alpha Gamma Rho and Alpha Zeta abide by a national covenant. The covenant is as follows.
I _________ hereby accept membership in Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity and commit myself to:
- Know and understand the ideals expressed in my fraternity Ritual and will strive to incorporate them in my daily life.
- Participate regularly in all Chapter activities and programs until I graduate.
- Develop an understanding of Alpha Gamma Rho history and Chapter operations.
- Strive for academic achievement and practice academic integrity.
- Respect the dignity of all persons; therefore I will not physically, mentally, psychologically or sexually abuse or haze any human being.
- Protect the health and safety of all human beings.
- Respect my property and the property of others; therefore, I will neither abuse nor tolerate the abuse of property.
- Live in the Chapter house unless a special expemption is granted by the Chaper.
- Meet my financial obligations in a timely manner.
- Neither use nor support the use of illegal drugs; I will neither misuse nor support the misuse of alcohol.
- Acknowledge that a clean and attractive environment is essential to both physical and mental health; therefore I will do all in my power to see that the Chapter property is properly cleaned and maintained.
- Abide by the Articles of Incorporation, Constitution, Bylaws, rules and obligations to the Fraternity.
- Challenge all my fraternity members to abide by these fraternal expectations and will confront those who violate them.
We, the Brothers of Alpha Zeta Chapter, commit ourselves to:
- Help provide meaningful programs and activities to help you learn about the history and Chapter operations of the Fraternity.
- Provide you with a “Big Brother” who will assist you and help you get to know all members.
- Act as your Brothers and true friends.
- Give you the benefit of our support and experience so that you may obtain a high level of scholarship, maturity, and awareness of Fraternity ideals which, when united with genuine compassion and concern for your fellow man, will help make you a well-rounded individual and true Brother in Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity.
Alpha Zeta Chapter
1919 Platt St
Manhattan, KS 66502